popular new word cloud

So this was actually the first post to /h/photography, long before f8andbethere was a thing.

I really like vanishing point images which wikipedia explains as:

In graphical perspective, a vanishing point is a point in the image plane where the projections (or drawings) of a set of parallel lines in space intersect.

There are a ton of examples from renaissance painters to modern digital photography.

This one in on the west side of Manhattan, basically west of where Soho and Tribeca meet, looking west towards New Jersey. The foreboding building that, technically blocks the real vanishing point from being seen, is an air duct for the Holland Tunnel.

log in to comment
0 total comments